Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of the most common questions we get from people seeking a criminal defense attorney in Southern Utah. For more, call us today.

I was charged with a DUI, will I lose my license?

In Utah, you may lose your license if you are charged with a DUI. However, it is not a for sure thing that your license will be suspended. You have 10 days from the date you are cited for DUI to file a request for a hearing with the driver’s license division. We can represent you that hearing and do everything possible for you to keep your license. Speak with one of our lawyers today to find out more. 435.215.1101.

Do I have to speak with the police?

No. In fact it is always a good idea to consult with a lawyer before you start answering questions from the police. You are entitled to certain protections against police interrogations and do not have to cooperate.

If I am pulled over for DUI, can I refuse a breath test?

If you refuse a breath test in Utah, your license will be suspended for several months. Unfortunately, if a police belives you have been drinking and driving, you must submit to a breat test or your license will be suspended.

Do I need a lawyer or I can I handle this myself?

You should absolutely get a lawyer if you have been charged with any crime beyond simple traffic matters. Many people make the mistake of going to court by themself. Statistically speaking, you are always better off with a lawyer. Since we provide such reasonable rates and payment plans, there should be no reason not to get us started on your defense today.

How much does it cost to hire a lawyer?

The cost of a criminal defense attorney in St. George usually varies depending on the degree of your charges, complexity of your case, and other certain facts unique to your particular situation. We provide free consultations so that we can meet with you, learn about the details of your case, and quote you the best possible price. For more information, call and speak with an attorney in our office right now. We offer payment plans in many cases.